The competition will be held in accordance with the rules of the International Badminton Federation (IBF) for the current year.
1) Any registered faculty, staff and students of any department under the UP
2) Each team must have representatives for the following events:
a) Men’s Doubles- one (1) pair
b) Ladies Doubles-one (1) pair
c) Mixed Doubles- one pair (decider match)
3) Only team with complete players in each category will be included at the championship.
4) The order of play will be 1st Men’s doubles, 1st Ladies’ doubles and Mixed Doubles
5) The game is decided on the basis of best-pf-three double matches
6) A concede match shall count as if completed without the conceding side scoring another point
7) The entire team must wear the same colored shirts.
A. All men’s and Ladies’ doubles event:
Scoring will be 1 to 5 rally point, best of three sets. If score is 14-all, the side which gains a two point lead first wins the set. If the score is 20-all, the side which scores 21 first wins that set.
B. Mixed Doubles events:
Scoring will be 1 to 11, rally point , sudden death (one set only), If score is 10-all, the side which scores 11 first wins that match.
All appeals/protest must be submitted in writing by the players to the CAS Sport Committee fifteen minutes after the incident. Decision that will be made by the Committee is final.
FLOW OF GAMES FOR BADMINTON:
G1- ICS/DHK vs UPRHS
G2- IMSP vs IBS
G3- IC/INSTAT vs HUM/DSS
G4- W1 vs W2 advances to Championship
G5- L1 vs L2; Loser 5 (L5) is eliminated
G6- W4 vs W3; Winner 6 (W6) bye for Championship
G7- L3 vs L4; Loser 7 (L7) is eliminated
G8- W5 vs W7; Loser 8 (L8) is eliminated
G9- L6 vs W8; Loser 9 (L9) is eliminated, Winner 9 (W9)
G10- W6 vs W9, Championship; twice to beat: if W6 wins G10 they are Champions if they loose, there will be G11
*G11- W6/L10 vs W9/W10; The Winning team is the CHAMPION